Lots of walking stuff

Tuesday, 3 June 2025

Haltwhistle - Sill YHA Friday 23rd May 2025

 This was a warm up walk for the last four days on the Pennine Way. I got a train to Haltwhistle, and then spent the afternoon hiking to the Sill YHA on Hadrians Wall which is where I got to on the PW last year.










Cawfields Quarry


Trig point on Winshields Crag

After leaving the high Strret in Haltwhistle I picked up the nice trail along Haltwhistle Burn. After leaving the burn there was some agricultural land to cross before reaching the Pennine Way / Hadrian Wall path. From there navigation was simple along the trail to just before Steel Rigg, and a short road section down to the Sill.









The Sill is a lovely YH - clean , modern and great food, but I am not a big fan of shared dorms, so didn;t get a great nights sleep.


Great warm up walk for the big miles ahead over the next four days,

About six miles,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dove Dale 7th July 2026

  The car park at Dove Dale is now run by NT which is much better than before. Headed up past the stepping stones and after a couple of mile...