Lots of walking stuff

Tuesday, 13 May 2025

The Cheviot 10th May 2025

 We had driven up to Durham the day before and stayed at a campsite. I dropped Anne off at the park and ride which was near the campsite. Anne had a conference to attend , and I set off north for a 60 mile drive to the Harthope Valley for a hike up the Cheviot. The single track road ended in a nice grassy parking spot next to Harthope Burn.




Hedgehope Hill

I thought doing the climb half of the walk first would mean the second half down the valley would be easier. I was wrong - the trek down the valley was tricky. Lots of water crossing , narrow paths and boggy patches. However, a beautiful valley on a glorious day. 




On the way up the Cheviot

l00king back on the way up

Approaching the summit

The Pennine Way leaves the summit



On the way up Scald Hill I saw a snake. About 2 foot long. Fairly sure it was an adder but I wasn't quick enough to get the camera out!





Harthope Valley

Video Clips

Brilliant walk. A tough 8.5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dove Dale 7th July 2026

  The car park at Dove Dale is now run by NT which is much better than before. Headed up past the stepping stones and after a couple of mile...