Lots of walking stuff

Sunday, 1 March 2015

14th February Grindsbrook Clough.

Bit of a disappointing walk in cold misty weather. The idea was to meet up with Jake who was on a walk as part of a stag weekend. They had set of via Jacobs ladder and were heading around the rum to the top of Grindsbrook Clough.



Although I say it was disappointing it was still great to get out onto Kinder again. The problems I hit was when I needed to cross the brook to pick up thje left hand footpath. There was just too much water tumbling down – normally this isn’t a problem in summer as there is less water , so it is easy to cross. I has to backtrack a half a mile down to find a place to cross but then the hit more problems when I needed to cross again a bit further up. I could just see the plateau rim through the mist (maybe 200 yards up), but I decided to backtrack down to Edale. Jake and his party got lost in the mist and missed the top of Grindsbrook, coming down via Ringing Roger. So I would have probably missed the RV anyway.


About 4-5 miles OS OL1 Dark Peak

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dove Dale 7th July 2026

  The car park at Dove Dale is now run by NT which is much better than before. Headed up past the stepping stones and after a couple of mile...