Lots of walking stuff

Tuesday, 18 June 2024

Pennine Way day 6. Earby Hostel - Gargrave 07/06/2024

 Just a half day walk to Gargrave where I had an open train ticket home.


Apart from a small section of moorland walking before Thorton in Craven most of todays route was country lanes ,agricultural land and a small section of canal. I had a good sleep at the hostel so was up for 5 and on the trail by 5:30. Great to be out so early in fine weather. My favorite time of the day for walking.


A welcome break mid walk. This was at the entrance to a farm just outside Thorton in Craven


Earby Hostel just past the bend








Leeds Liverpool Canal

Coming into Gargrave
I was in Gargrave before 10. The next train was at 10:18, so I had time for a cuppa in the Dalesman's cafe before catching the train home.




An uneventful but pleasant 7 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dove Dale 7th July 2026

  The car park at Dove Dale is now run by NT which is much better than before. Headed up past the stepping stones and after a couple of mile...