Lots of walking stuff

Sunday, 27 April 2014

Dewent Edge 21st April 2014

A day off from Greenhouse construction.....whoop whoop.

This walk was a longer variation to the one I have done before. It was slightly longer in that I continued on after back tor onto Lost Lad and down to the top end of  the upper Derwent Reservoir.

I parked at the first (free)car park alongside Ladybower. The route from there was :-

A57 - Ladybower Bridge
Whinstone Lee Tor
Derwent Edge
Back Tor
Lost Lad
Upper Derwent Reservoir
Derwent Dam
Fairholmes
Back along Ladybower to the car



Salt Cellar



Cakes of Bread

Lost Lad



A fantastic varied walk. A nice flat bit to start and end the walk. a decent climb up to Whinstone Lee Tor, and a magnificent walk along Derwent Edge with superb views.

About 10 Miles OS OL 1 Dark Peak




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dove Dale 7th July 2026

  The car park at Dove Dale is now run by NT which is much better than before. Headed up past the stepping stones and after a couple of mile...