Lots of walking stuff

Wednesday, 27 March 2024

Yorkshire Wolds Way Day 1 March 19th 2024. Hessle to South Cave

 I have had the hand brake on the prep for the last week as I had been getting some knee pains. I think it may have been down to a lot of walking on tarmac / hard surfaces. Anyway, it was with a little trepidation and a lot of excitement. that  I set of on day 1 of this adventure.


Anne gave me a lift to the station











The route along the humber estuary and under the bridge was brilliant. The only bit of this section I didn't enjoy was getting across the major road on the edge of North Ferriby.

Acorn first 5 mile marker






Fox and Coney South Cave - first night accomodation.

After a very enjoyable 13 miles I arrived in South Cave and checked in at the Fox and Coney pub. The local shop was open so I bought some extra supplies for day 2, and then had a nice fish and chip meal at the pub before a good nights rest.

Fantastic first day. Perfect walking weather and no strains/ injuries. 
13 Miles.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dove Dale 7th July 2026

  The car park at Dove Dale is now run by NT which is much better than before. Headed up past the stepping stones and after a couple of mile...