Lots of walking stuff

Saturday, 2 September 2023

Kinder Scout 21/08/2023

 Absolutely brilliant to get out here onto hallowed ground - first time this year.


The first half of the walk followed the start of the Pennine Way to Kinder Downfall. Edale - Jacobs Ladder - Kinder Low - Kinder Downfall. 


Looking down to Mermaids Pool from near Kinder Downfall

Kinder Low

Vale of Edale



Jacobs Ladder



Kinder Downfall
Grindslow Knoll

Kinder Resevoir from Kinder downfall

I backtracked to Kinder Low and the edge path. From there I headed eastwards through the Woolpacks and then from Crowden Tower to Grindsbrook Knoll< From there it was a straightforward track back into Edale. I found the steepest part of the track quite hard going.




Fantastic walk and a nice Penine Way taster. Approx 10 Miles. OS OL1  The Dark Peak

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dove Dale 7th July 2026

  The car park at Dove Dale is now run by NT which is much better than before. Headed up past the stepping stones and after a couple of mile...