Lots of walking stuff

Thursday, 25 November 2021

The Chevin 22/11/21

 Apart from local walks direct from home  I haven't done any 'hiking' for a while , so it was nice to jump in the car and drive to Belper for a short wander along the Derwent.






This was the second time I have done this walk, and because my memory of the route wasn't spot on I made a couple of navigational errors that probably added a mile to the actual walk. I am confident now I can do this route again without a map, and it is a great route for Meg - around 4 miles, and not too much driving.



View from the Chevin towards Belper

Final climb up to the Chevin



Only a few pics as I was using my phone. 

About 5 miles. An excellent walk on a crisp, clear November morning.Meg enjoyed a brief dip in the Derwent also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dove Dale 7th July 2026

  The car park at Dove Dale is now run by NT which is much better than before. Headed up past the stepping stones and after a couple of mile...