Sunday afternoon after a taxi run to Manchester.
Parked up at Snake summit and walked the Pennine Way up to Bleaklow Head. The weather was cloudy with a bit of rain. I could imagine in poor weather this would be a grim place. The peat groughs along the path looked pretty soggy, so I stuck to the path. Onceat the summit there is a large cairn with a pole in the middle. However, you don;t have to wander far from this before it is out of site - an easy place to get lost.
Great view of the northern edge of Kinder filling the horizon - I was walking the full length of that a couple of months ago
I would like to come back here for a full day and allow some time to have a look for the Superfortress wreck.
About 5 miles OS OL1 Dark peak
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dove Dale 7th July 2026
The car park at Dove Dale is now run by NT which is much better than before. Headed up past the stepping stones and after a couple of mile...
-
Starting a new project at work in Bridgend, so travelled down on the Sunday for the first visit and took the opportunity to visit the Brecon...
-
A storm with Gale force winds had been forecast for later in the day , so I thought it would be good to get out and do at least a short walk...
-
This was a slight variation on a walk I have done before. Parked up at the layby opposite Higger Tor on the Ringinlow Road out of Hathersage...
No comments:
Post a Comment