Lots of walking stuff

Sunday, 5 July 2020

Monsal Dale 23rd June

An exercise in poor planning. I set off to a walk near Castleton along Rushup Edge, but due to the heat changed plans during the journey and headed for Monsal Dale where I could do a shorter walk with a wooded section. However, that mean't I had the wrong map in my rucksack, and it has been several years since I have done this walk. Also, there was no memory card in my camera which I lugged all the way around.

However, I did recall the route with no mishaps and took a few snaps with my phone.

The route was Monsal Head - Viaduct - River Wye - Cross the A6 - Great Shacklow Wood - Ashford in the Water - Pennyunk Lane - Monsal Head.










A hot, sweaty, but very enjoyable walk.

OS OL24 about 6.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dove Dale 7th July 2026

  The car park at Dove Dale is now run by NT which is much better than before. Headed up past the stepping stones and after a couple of mile...