Lots of walking stuff

Wednesday, 22 July 2026

Big Moor - Totley Moor 17th July 2026

 According to the forecast this was going to be the last day of the current heat wave. I arrived at the layby onn the Sheffield Road above Baslow, and there was some cloud cover, so for the first 90 mins or so it was cooler than it had been.

Similar root to previously - 

  • Bar Brook
  • Big Moor
  • Longshaw Estate
  • Fox House pub
  • Totley Moor
  • Back via Bar Brook

The sun soon came out and for the rest of the walk I was cooking. Stopped at Longshaw visitor centre for a lovely cuppa and jam scone, and then carried on over Totley Moor.

Didn't have my camera with me , so all these pics were with my phone.





wish I had the camera to snap this handsome beast

High point of Totley Moor




Every time I have walked past the pool above the dam on Bar Brook I have fancied a swim, so this time I had packed my swimming gear. So on Mile 9 out of 10, I had a lovely cooling dip. I did one circuit of the small lake - perfect.






As usual a great walk. 10 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Big Moor - Totley Moor 17th July 2026

 According to the forecast this was going to be the last day of the current heat wave. I arrived at the layby onn the Sheffield Road above B...